Pre Arrival Information
- ETA : All vessels calling libyan ports must inform port control 12 hours before arrival.
- Radio : VHF CH16.
- Latitude : 32°22'N
- Longitude : 015°14'E
- Time Zone : GMT +2
- UNCTAD Code : LYMRA
Sea buoys, fairways and channels: Entrance to the port is via a channel 12.0m in depth, then between 2 breakwaters 150m apart.
- TUGBOAT AND Pilot : Compulsory, the pilot
- boarding position is 0.5nm E of the Fairway Buoy. Pilots are available from 0800-22:00 hrs
- Anchorages : The anchorage area for vessels awaiting a berth is within 1.5nm of Lat 32°23'N, Long 015°18'E, approx 4.75nm E of Ras al Barq light. The holding ground is poor and it is therefore advisable to leave the anchorage at the first sign of the approach of bad weather.
- Tidal range and flow : Range 0.5m
- Dock density : 1026
- Weather: Prevailing windsw : N'ly
- Charts : BA 3353. Admiralty Pilot NP49
Berths and Cargo
- Names/Nos : General cargo/Bulk berths: There are 5 berths available, each 180m in length with 11.0 m depth alongside. One berth is used for grain cargoes, the emainder being used for general cargoes.
- Ro-Ro berths : There is 1 berth in the S port area used for ro-ro traffic. The berth is 200m in length, with a depth alongside of 10.00m.
- Storage : There is 22,500m2 of covered storage and OVER 50,000 m2 of open storage area available. The grain berth is provided with a silo.
- Bunkers/water/stores : Fresh water: Available
- Medical facilities : Medical facilities are available
- Transport : Nearest airport: Tripoli International Airport (250km).
- Public holidays : Mar 8, May 25, Jun 11, Jul 23, Sep 1 and Oct 7.' Variable dates: El Mouled el Nabawi, Aid el Fitr, Aid el Adha' Higri New Year. Fri is a weekly port holiday.
- WORKING HOURS : FROM 8:00 TO 19:00 HRS FOR GENERAL CARGO
- CONTAINER VESSELS : 24 HOURS
- Misurata ordered 11 new cranes , which now operated by the stevedoring and are full in function cap. Of 60 to 120 ton.
- Port Authority : General Ports & Lights Authority
- Harbour Office : Qasr Ahmed - Libya
- Tel : +218 51 2 21094 /li>